NORTHERN DRAGONS GUILD FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NORTHERN DRAGONS GUILD FORUM

Forum for the Northern Dragons Guild - related website is http://northerndragons.free-web-hosting.biz

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Voice Chat Programme

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jodrath

Jodrath

Voice Chat Programme Empty
PostSubject: Voice Chat Programme   Voice Chat Programme EmptyWed May 07, 2008 10:52 am

G'Day Folks,

Well until we get a guild so large that VENT is needed for raiding at the moment we will be using SKYPE. This means that we will only have decent voice chat available when physically set up for a raid / instance.

Why Skype vs Vent?

For Skype:
a) Its free
b) Dosen't Require a server (and as GM Doesn't have a comp going 24/7 this is a bonus)
c) Can have a maximum "conference call" of 25 people (just enough for the larger raids)

Otherwise while Vent is better for gameplay (doesn't take up as much bandwidth) we don't have a server computer ready yet to host this for the guild, and at the moment the guild isn't large enough (at the top end) for the Guild leader to pay out extra money each month for this

At the moment Skype suits our purposes and if/when we decide a change is needed we will action it.

So Skype can be downloaded & installed free from : http://www.click-to-download.com/skype/index.asp?source=OV9659-AU-03&kw=skype

Skype is basically an internet phone. So while I have a work contact I'll give you the home one and as more people "sign on" I will share these as needed.

My "Skype Name" is Jodrath - details : Daniel Spierings, Wollongong Australia
Back to top Go down

Voice Chat Programme
Page 1 of 1